Today’s Daily Prompt was to tell six unique, exciting, or just plain boring facts about you. This is a continuation of my All About Me section of my blog.
1. I won a Young Author award in sixth grade. Sadly, I lost the state title to a book about a jungle adventure.
2. I hate to fly but I love to travel. Thank goodness for first class and all the free alcohol. I swear I am the best traveler after three glasses of wine.
3. My husband would call me inquisitive. I have no issue asking questions. I love to learn and I think the best way to do it, is by asking questions. I think you can also factor in the fact I will talk to anyone also makes me inquisitive. I love chatting and learning from people’s experiences.
4. Did you know only 4% of the world’s population has red hair? Yep, and I am one of the 4%. And yes, people do ask me if this is my natural hair color. And here in California people stop and stare. I even had a tourist, who was visiting California, stop and ask if they could take a photo with me. True story!
5. I worked for the Walt Disney Company. Yep, I was a cast member.
6. One of my favorite quotes is by e.e. cummings – “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”
So today’s Daily Prompt was to explain why you chose your blog’s title and what it means to you. So here you go.
My favorite book growing up was “Anne of Green Gables” by Lucy Maud Montgomery. The main character Anne always seemed to find herself in some sort of situation. Now, it’s not that she went looking for trouble, it’s just trouble always seemed to find her. And as a young child, I swear trouble always found me. And like Anne, I never went looking for it, but somehow it found me. Always! I use to say it was the curse of being a redhead. And yes, that is another thing Anne and I have in common.
But one of the lines from the book always resonated with me.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
Now stop and think about that.
Every day is a new day.
Every day you can make your own happiness.
Every day you start fresh.
That is pretty powerful stuff.
So why did I pick the title of my blog? Because that quote has been a motto for me since I was 12 years old. Because I moved 2000 miles away from everyone I knew, so I could start fresh. Because it is a new day for me in San Francisco. And maybe it is a new day for someone else too.